Monday, May 12, 2008

swingtown


Looking forward to this show about 70's era suburban swingers in Winnetka.

I have a weird fondness for basement bars and had one particular friend who's parents were know for throwing a rowdy Saturday night couple fest in their shagged out basement bar. I think his dad's look was facial hair, big belt buckle and open collared shirt with some gold chains. She was sorta 'biker chic buy's a house' slinky. I used to look at that basement and try to wonder just what the hell was going on down there? My mother never even talked to a neighbor lest they get details of the secretness going on at our house. The concept of having your neighbors over and drinking in the basement seemed otherworldly. Needless to say my friends parents were DIVORCED pretty soon after!

No comments: