Wednesday, June 17, 2009

lake street blues

Most days I walk my dog on Lake street. It may be more familiar to everyone else as every car scene in every bat man movie. The reality is more mundane. It's a really loud street (L-train!). I cannot take calls when I walk my dog (if I got calls). It's also a favorite street for taggers which, I find pretty annoying. Not that I own property around here but, losers with acid markers and spray cans basically fucking up the local flavor is really annoying. But, this is not my point. The wierdest thing about Lake street is the death knell it is for speeding cars. About once every few weeks, I'll see the remnants of a tragic car accident. Everything (well, MOSTLY the car) is cleaned up by then but the subtle clues of a car hitting an I beam or, luckily just missing an I beam (which by the way typically splits your car in half) and hitting the obligatory wall just beyond, are still there for you to stand around and ponder. So, Zoe gets to poop while I measure tire skid marks and think about the more pressing aspects of living on this planet.

Which is all mote- because when I mention this to my friend Dawn, (the latest insane accident I'm investigating) she sends this (note- Dawn is great photog and this should not count agianst her record). Who wipes out a car on Lake Shore Drive like that???

No comments: