Saturday, July 19, 2008

all the sadness in the world

I’m Not Crying, It’s Only Raining on My Face

I'm still slightly embarrassed by what transpired on the plane ride back from Vegas.
I believe it's criminal to play a sappy movie on a flight to emotionally and physically exhausted passengers returning from Vegas. I was sitting in the middle seat. which almost never happens and makes me really uncomfortable because I'm claustrophobic. I need a clear path on some side in case I need to escape.
So the movie starts and I'm like oh no, not this non-sense.
The movie is "Definitely, Maybe" with Ryan Reynolds and Abigail Breslin. I actually find this girl annoying cause I hate precocious kids. Anyway, if you've seen this movie there is one scene that you can totally see coming for miles away. It's where he tells his daughter what the 'good part' of the whole story is and even though you so know what's coming, it still manages to get you. So, there was this awkwardness after the movie where the girl sitting next to me and myself were trying to surreptitiously wipe tears off our faces and pull it together like we had done something dirty.

If you ever really need a good cry rent the movie "Away from Her", which is quite possibly the saddest love story ever made. It will absolutely puddle you.

No comments: