Sunday, March 1, 2009

driving at night


I'm an anxious person. Even in my sleep my dreams mostly revolve around a swirl of anxieties. Climbing really high places I can't get down from is one I have all the time. Last night was a re-occurrence of another one that pops up all the time and is usually disturbing enough to wake me up. It's the driving a car when you are wayyyyy to sleepy or drugged to actually operate the vehicle. My head will be so heavy that I can barely lift it up to peer out the windshield and see that yes, we are traveling a HIGH RATE OF SPEED, and NO, I have no way to keep my head-up to steer the car and of course my leg is just wayyy too heavy to move towards the brakes. Does that sound like fun? To add to the drama there is usually some police involved (which may have a basis in reality!) and passengers (oh no!). So, last night I was basically at the wheel with my whole family in the backseat and it was my responsibillity to not put us in a tree. Hmmmm, I wonder what this means?

No comments: