Thursday, December 10, 2009

karoake bitch



These are my top karaoke songs (if I did karaoke (and if it wasn't a rap fest)):
Lou Rawls - "You'll never find". (I used to sing this all the time to the manager at the vid store I was a bike messenger at in college)
Tom Jones - "It's Not Unusual". (classic)
Johnny Cash - "Burning Ring of Fire". (I think my rendition convinced my wife to marry me)

I nail all of them in my head and I've especially NAILED Tom Jones's dancing.
In fact, I will for now on, dance just like my hip is slightly broken with the Tom Jones stiff swagger. ITS VERY SEXY.

What would be better still (and I don't actually do karaoke to know if anyone's done this) is to stage a fakey karaoke reunion.
The way this works is- one person goes out and starts a song (THAT'S REALLY A CLASSIC DUET).
And then part-way thru and with much fanfare, the other person jumps stage for the duet part halfway thru AS IF it's completely spontaneous.
Think Sonny and Cher reunion w/ "The Beat Goes On".
The audience will weep. If you are Cher ready contact me!! I have a suede 'Bono' jacket but I'll buy a white one if the situation calls for it. I just sort of assume every chic has a pair of white 'kiki' boots.

No comments: